My research interests lie in the interplay of information systems, social network analysis, and individual behaviors. In particular, I have three broad research topics: 1) individual behaviors in various online social media and network settings; 2) information privacy in social media; and 3) information system features and their impacts on user behaviors. Projects in all these three realms involve big data analysis, experiments, and surveys. Click Here for more details about my research agenda.
|REFEREED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Li, S. and Karahanna, E. (2015). “Online Recommendation Systems in a B2C E-commerce Context: A Review and Future Directions.” Journal of the Association for Information Systems. 16(2).
- Li, S., Boudreau, M., Huber, M., and Watson, R. (2013). “Sustainability Performance and CSR Disclosure: The Missing Link.” IJSESD: Special Issue on Sustainability Reporting. 4(2).
- Watson, R., Boudreau, M., Li, S., and Levis, J. (2010). “Telematics at UPS: En Route to Energy Informatics.” MIS Quarterly Executive. (Best Paper Award)
|REFEREED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Scott, K., Zagenczyk, T., Li, S., Gardner, W., Cogliser, C., and Laverie, D. (2017). “Citizenship Behavior of Included and Excluded Employees: Evidence of a Curvilinear Relationship.” The Proceedings of 2017 Academy of Management Meeting, Atlanta, GA. (Best Accepted Paper)
- Pu, W., Li, S., and Thatcher, J. (2017). “Self-disclosure and SNS Platforms: The Impact of SNS Transparency.” The 2017 ICIS, Seoul, Korea
- Scott, K., Zagenczyk, T., Li, S. (2017). “Social Network Ties and Organizational Citizenship Behavior: A Social Network Analysis.” The 32nd Annual Conference of the SIOP, Orlando, Florida.
- Pu, W., Li, S., and Thatcher, J. (2016). “Self-disclosure and SNS Platforms: The Impact of SNS Transparency and Culture.” At SIG-DIGIT, the 2016 ICIS, Dublin, Ireland.
- Pu, W., Li, S., and Thatcher, J. (2016). “Self-disclosure and SNS Platforms: The Impact of Transparency, Accountability, and Culture.” The 2016 AMCIS, San Diego, California.
- Li, S. and Sun, H. (2015). “The Role of System Type in Herd Behavior in User Adoption and Continuance of Technology.” The 2015 ICIS, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Li, S. and Karahanna, E. (2012). “Peer-based Recommendations in Online B2C e-Commerce: Comparing Collaborative Personalization and Social network-based Personalization.” The 45th HICSS, Maui, Hawaii.
- Li, S., Boudreau, M., and Watson, R. (2011). “Why Organizations Have Different Levels of Sustainability Disclosure: A Study of CSR Quality in the IT Industry.” Information Systems Division, the 54th ASAC, Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- Watson, R., Williamson, T., Boudreau, M., and Li, S. (2011). “Business Canvas for Energy Informatics.” At SIG Green, the 2011 ICIS, Saint Louis, Missouri.
- Li, S. and Karahanna, E. “Social Recommendation System’s Effects on Consumer Preference Similarity.” Under 2nd round review at Information Systems Research.
- Deng, H., Wang, W., Lim, K., and Li, S. “Reducing User Avoidance of Sponsored Search Results: The Effects of Social Influence Cues.” Revise and resubmit at MIS Quarterly.
- Scott, K., Zagenczyk, T., Li, S., Gardner, W., Cogliser, C., and Laverie, D. “Social Network Ties and Organisational Citizenship Behaviour: Evidence of a Curvilinear Relationship.” Revise and resubmit at the European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Sun, H., Li, S., and Tseng, S. “Toward a Learning-Flow Model of Web-based Presentation Formats.” Under review at MIS Quarterly.
- Wade, J., Li, S., and Thatcher, J. “A Great Escape: The Effect of Negative Public Affiliation on Belongingness in Virtual Communities.” Under review at the Journal of Association for Information Systems.
- Zimmerman, C., Grover, V., Li, S., and Henry, R. “Relationalism and Its Impacts on Information Source Selection.” Under review at the European Journal of Information Systems.
- Zimmerman, C., Grover, V., Henry, R., and Li, S. “Conceptualizing and Operationalizing the Relationalism of Information Sources.” Under review at the Journal of Strategic Information Systems.
- Li, S., Grover, V., and Matthews, K. “Social and Information Drivers of Website Popularity.” Under review at the Journal of Association for Information Systems.
- Li, S., Qu, T., and Yu, Y. “Outsider Information for Insider Trading: A Social Network Analysis”. Singapore Ministry of Education, Tier 1 Grant (MOE2014-T1-001-240), Award: S$ 79,960 (Approx. US$64,000) (November 2014).